Warranty Replacement of ftServer® Parts
Warranty Parts Replacement Process & Return Instructions
The ftServer product is covered under a hardware warranty agreement. Please refer to the Stratus Technologies ftServer Software License and Hardware Warranty Agreement section of this site to review the terms of the appropriate ftServer hardware warranty agreement.
Customers who have purchased an ftServer system from Stratus can use the process described on this page to return an ftServer part that is covered by warranty (a Customer Replaceable Unit or CRU) to Stratus Technologies or to report warranty defects. If you have purchased the ftServer product from someone other than Stratus, please contact the vendor for your warranty claim.
Note: If you have purchased an ftServer service program from Stratus, please contact your local Stratus Service representative to obtain a part replacement. The Stratus Service centers can be found at Customer Assistance Centers Worldwide Locations.
- To report a defect or return a defective part, refer to the Stratus Server System Customer-Replaceable Unit Identification section of this site to determine if the defective part is a Customer-Replaceable Unit (CRU). If the part is a CRU, the customer is expected to replace the part. If the part is a FRU, the customer may be required to request Time & Material work from their vendor or Stratus for the actual replacement of the part.
- Write down the following information about the part and/or system:
- Part number
- Part Serial number
- Site ID
- Sales Order number
- System Serial number
- Telephone to the local Stratus Service location. The Stratus Service centers can be found at Customer Assistance Centers Worldwide Locations.
- The Customer Assistance Center (CAC) will validate the warranty entitlement for the defective part.
- If the CAC determines that the part is a CRU, is under warranty, and should be replaced, the Customer Assistance Center will provide a Return Authorization (RA) number and a shipping address to the customer for the return of the defective part. If the part is not a CRU, the customer may be required to provide a T&M purchase order for a qualified on-site technician to replace the part.
- The customer ships the part to the specified address with the RA number listed on the outside of the packing material.
- When the warranty part has been repaired (or replaced), the part will be shipped to the “ship-to” address included in the RA information gathered in steps 3 through 5.
Note: Illustrations identifying ftServer parts as CRUs or FRUs can be found at the Stratus Server System Customer-Replaceable Unit Identification section of this site. This site is subject to change without notice. In all cases where the site does not specify a part as a FRU or a CRU, it is presumed to be a FRU. As an example, a part specified as a DRU (Stratus internal designation) is actually a FRU.
The above instructions apply to the return of parts that are under warranty. Customers wishing to return unused product within 10 days of receipt, please see the instructions below.
Return of Unused ftServer® Product
The following instructions apply only to the return of unused product within 10 days of receipt.
If you elect not to accept the Stratus Technologies End User License Agreement (“EULA”), do not install, use or retain the Products for more than ten (10) days from the date you received them. By installing, using or retaining the Products for more than ten (10) days from the date you received them, you agree to be bound by the terms of the EULA.
If you wish to return unused product within ten days of receipt as outlined in the above paragraph, please contact the local Stratus sales representative or Stratus distributor from whom you purchased the product. Please refer to our list of sales offices for office phone numbers.