Company will Introduce Stratus ztC Endurance platform, spotlight Conperio’s PLEX MES with Stratus ftServer solution, and join
“Modernizing Data Collection for Improved Decision Making” panel
MAYNARD, Mass. – November 6, 2023 – Stratus Technologies, an SGH (Nasdaq: SGH) company and a global leader in simplified, protected, and autonomous Edge Computing platforms, today announced its participation at Rockwell Automation’s Automation Fair® on November 6-9, 2023 in Boston, Mass. Stratus will demonstrate its family of proven edge computing platforms for running mission-critical Rockwell Automation applications without downtime or data loss.
During the event, the company will also demonstrate its newest offering, the Stratus ztC Endurance™ platform, and its other edge platforms at booth #1440. Stratus will participate in two speaking sessions, including a panel on modernizing data collection for improved decision making where Stratus will be joined by Conperio Technology Solutions for a discussion on edge-to-cloud manufacturing execution systems.
“Edge computing has become a key enabler of Industry 4.0 technologies and industrial automation capabilities being adopted to achieve operational excellence and modernize operations,” said Stephen Greene, vice president, global marketing and Stratus partnerships, Intelligent Platform Solutions, SGH. “Combined with Rockwell Automation applications, Stratus zero-touch computing platforms deliver unmatched reliability easily serviced by OT and IT teams, enabling these teams to rapidly transform infrastructure to support complex software stacks and build for the future.”
“Edge computing serves several essential roles with cloud-based MES. These systems require reliable edge infrastructure as data is collected from machinery and devices, organized and protected by an edge platform, and then shared to the cloud-based MES,” said Ron Harrison, president and founder of Conperio Technology Solutions. “Security is another key role that edge computing greatly assists with in a cloud-based MES. With a secure edge platform, control systems are much more protected. As we continue to see more cloud-based initiatives with MES, companies that do not spend the time and resources to build this digitalization strategy will be left behind within a few years.”
Gain Insights on Enhancing Operational Excellence Using Edge Computing
During the event, Stratus will share insights on how edge computing is helping organizations reduce downtime, improve operations, and leverage data for better decision making. Stratus will have speakers in the following sessions:
Session Title: PLEX MES Solutions Powered by Edge Computing: Unleashing Operational Excellence
- Session Overview: Providing greater flexibility, security, and reliability, edge computing revolutionizes manufacturing operations. In this session, led by Stratus Technologies and Conperio, you’ll discover how edge computing supports PLEX MES solutions by reducing downtime and improving real-time data processing, agility, and performance.
- Ron Harrison, president and founder, Conperio Technology Solutions
- Andrew Hinz, director of business development, Stratus
- Date: Monday, November 6 at 9:00 a.m. ET and Wednesday, November 8 at 4:00 p.m. ET
- Location: 206A
Session Title: Modernizing Data Collection for Improved Decision Making
- Session Overview: Big data is the foundation of production and maintenance decision making. Taking a production facility from little or no data collection to enterprise level collection can be a monumental task. With the help of Rockwell Automation and its partners, Stratus, Enerflex Energy Systems, and ProSoft, this monumental task can be greatly simplified.
- Rob Ponsonby, global OEM partner program manager, Rockwell Automation
- Andrew Hinz, director of business development, Stratus
- Johnathan Bernard, sr. controls engineer, Enerflex Energy Solutions
- Erik Syme, director of program management, ProSoft
- Date: Monday, November 6 and Wednesday, November 8 at 1:00 p.m. ET
- Location: 206B
Experience the Latest Innovations in Edge Computing
Stratus will also be demonstrating its edge computing platforms, solutions, and use cases in booth #1440, including:
- Stratus ztC Endurance – The Stratus ztC Endurance platform is an evolutionary new family of intelligent, predictive fault tolerant computing platforms that delivers predictable, protected performance for next generation, sustainable operations. Automation Fair is the first event where Stratus’ newest product will be showcased and available for demonstrations.
- Stratus ftServer – The Stratus ftServer platform is ideal for consolidating physical server infrastructure and ensuring the availability of virtualized Windows and Linux applications. It offers a fully integrated, continuously available platform for business-critical workloads, manufacturing operations, and control applications.
- Stratus ztC Edge – Stratus’ ztC Edge platform combines built-in application virtualization and fault tolerance in an easy-to-install, ruggedized design for the edge that delivers scalable continuous availability of business-critical applications in industries that cannot afford downtime.
- Stratus and Rockwell Automation PlantPAx Solution-in-a-Box – This process control architecture jointly developed by Rockwell Automation and Stratus simplifies the deployment of small to medium scale distributed control systems (DCS) that require 5,000 I/Os or less and protection from unplanned downtime. The built-in virtualization of ztC Edge consolidates the PlantPAx software into a single redundant platform, instead of being installed in multiple computers.
Learn more about Stratus at Automation Fair.
- Stratus ztC Endurance Platform
- Control Engineering Webcast ft. Conperio Technology Solutions & Stratus – Bridging the Gap: Edge to Cloud MES
- Rockwell PlanPAx Solution-in-a-Box
- Stratus ECX
- Stratus Sizing Estimator for Rockwell Automation
For leaders digitally transforming their operations to drive predictable, peak performance with minimal risk, Stratus ensures the continuous availability of business-critical applications by delivering zero-touch computing platforms that are simple to deploy and maintain, protected from interruptions and threats, and operate autonomously. For more than 40 years, we have provided reliable and redundant zero-touch computing, enabling global Fortune 500 companies and small-to-medium sized businesses to securely and remotely turn data into actionable intelligence at the Edge and data center – driving uptime and efficiency. For more information, please visit www.stratus.com or follow on Twitter @StratusAlwaysOn and LinkedIn @StratusTechnologies.
Stratus, ztC Endurance, ftServer, and ztC Edge are trademarks owned by Stratus Technologies Ireland Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of SMART Global Holdings, Inc. All other logos, trade names, and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. No claim is made thereto.
DoShik Wood, Senior Director, Communications & Product Marketing, Stratus
Erin Cooper, V2 Communications for Stratus Technologies