- Notice, Choice,
- Accountability for Onward Transfer,
- Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation,
- Access, and Recourse,
- Enforcement, and
For purposes of enforcing compliance with the Privacy Shield, Stratus Technologies, Inc. is subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the US Federal Trade Commission. For more information about the Privacy Shield, see the US Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield and to review Stratus Technologies, Inc.’s representation on the Privacy Shield list, see the US Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield self-certification please visit: https://www.privacyshield.gov . Notice and Personal Data Collection and Use We collect personal information through a variety of means, both on and off line, such as when visiting our websites, product and service inquiries, participation in events, conferences, training, seminars, surveys and promotional campaigns, and in connection with sales, service and other transactions. This Policy does not apply to information collected through off-line resources, communications and other offline interactions between us. Information we may collect online is primarily business-related information and can include business contact information, the products and services you purchase, your company’s areas of interest such as industry, product needs and possibly company financial and credit information. We may receive the following categories of Personal Data in the US:
- contact information, in connection with maintaining its customer relationships and providing products and services to customers.
- Personal Data of its suppliers' representatives, such as contact information, financial statements and reputational data.
We process Personal Data for the following purposes:
- send promotional materials or other communications;
- communicate with customers about, and administer their participation in, special events, programs, offers, surveys and market research;
- respond to customer inquiries;
- perform data analyses (including anonymization and aggregation of Personal Data);
- operate, evaluate and improve the company's business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving the company's products and services; managing the company's communications; analyzing the company's products, services and communications; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- management of customer services including management of negotiations, contracts, transactions, and customer accounts, budgeting, accounting, maintaining records related to customers financials analysis;
- protect against, identify and prevent cybersecurity and other security events, espionage, fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and the company's policies.
Stratus Technologies, Inc. will only process Personal Data in ways that are compatible with the purpose that Stratus Technologies, Inc. collected it for, or for purposes the individual later authorizes. Before we use your Personal Data for a purpose that is materially different than the purpose we collected it for or that you later authorized, we will provide you with the opportunity to opt out. Stratus Technologies, Inc. maintains reasonable procedures to help ensure that Personal Data is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current. Internal Human Resources. For our employees and prospective employees who reside in the EU or Switzerland, we also may use the information for our internal Human Resources purposes. The types of Personal Data we collect in connection with these employee activities includes:
- contact information (such as name, postal address, telephone number and email address);
- login credentials for the company's websites;
- photograph, electronic signature, and acknowledgements of company policy;
- other Personal Data as Social Security number, federal tax ID number, and civil and criminal court history or the equivalent for the country you are located in;
- bank account and financial details; and
- other Personal Data found in content that Non-affiliated Individuals provide.
We collect Employee information from prospective and present Employees only for legitimate business purposes, including:
- the management and operations of our company, its functions and activities,
- Employee communications, including Employee surveys,
- maintaining a global directory,
- carrying out obligations under employment contracts and employment, tax and benefits laws, and in connection with other working relationships or arrangements,
- development and training programs,
- recruiting and hiring job applicants,
- assessing qualifications and performance,
- performing background checks and verifying references,
- managing Employee performance,
- determining Employee compensation or payment,
- managing the Employee termination process, and
- other general human resources purposes.
Our privacy practices regarding the processing of Non-affiliated Individual Personal Data comply with the Privacy Shield Principles of Notice; Choice; Accountability for Onward Transfer; Security; Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation; Access; and Recourse, Enforcement and Liability. In the event Sensitive Data is collected we will obtain your opt-in consent where the Privacy Shield requires, including if we disclose your sensitive Personal Data to third parties, or before we use your sensitive Personal Data for a different purpose than we collected it for or than you later authorized. Use of Electronic Communications Protocols and Cookies Similar to visits to most other websites, when you use our websites, we may collect information about your use of our websites through the use of electronic communications protocols and cookies. We use these tools for security, session continuity, customization purposes, usage tracking and analysis, site administration, and gathering broad demographic information for aggregate use. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's hard drive containing information about the user. Through the settings on your browser, you can choose to accept or reject some or all cookies. If you reject a Stratus cookie you may still use most of our websites, but may not be able to gain access to some areas or use some features of the sites. Data Transfers to Third Parties
Third-Party Agents or Service Providers. We may transfer Personal Data to our third-party agents or service providers who perform functions on our behalf to assist us with the support of our customers or assist us with our employee related activities. Where required by the Privacy Shield, we enter into written agreements with those third-party agents and service providers requiring them to provide the same level of protection the Privacy Shield requires and limiting their use of the data to the specified services provided on our behalf. We take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that third-party agents and service providers process Personal Data in accordance with our Privacy Shield obligations and to stop and remediate any unauthorized processing. Under certain circumstances, we may remain liable for the acts of our third-party agents or service providers who perform services on our behalf for their handling of Personal Data that we transfer to them.
Third-Party Data Controllers. In some cases, we may transfer Personal Data to unaffiliated third-party data controllers. These third parties do not act as agents or service providers and are not performing functions on our behalf. We may transfer your Personal Data to third-party data controllers for the purpose of Service Support and internal Human Resources. We will only provide your Personal Data to third-party data controllers where you have not opted-out of such disclosures, or in the case of sensitive Personal Data, where you have opted-in if the Privacy Shield requires consent. We enter into written contracts with any unaffiliated third-party data controllers requiring them to provide the same level of protection for Personal Data the Privacy Shield requires. We also limit their use of your Personal Data so that it is consistent with any consent you have provided and with the notices you have received.
Disclosures for National Security or Law Enforcement. Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data in response to valid requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Security Stratus Technologies, Inc. maintains reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction in accordance with the Privacy Shield. Such measures may include, network monitoring, anti-virus protection, internet firewalls, intrusion detection and passwords. It is your responsibility to protect and keep your password confidential. When required by laws and with respect to certain personal information such as credit card information, all transmissions between our clients and our server are encrypted using the industry standard SSL protocol. Choice/Opt-Out We provide you the following methods to exercise your choice not to receive (opt-out) unsolicited email communication from us:
- Opt-Out using the “unsubscribe” or similar link provided in the communication, or
- Forward unwanted communication to [email protected] stating that you do not want to receive any further such communications.