Keep Your Applications Always On with Stratus Fault-Tolerant Servers
Superior fault tolerance for Microsoft Windows Server®, Red Hat Enterprise Linux® and virtualization workloads
Stratus ftServer® systems prevent downtime and data loss for essential business applications and services. These servers eliminate the complexity and costs of deploying and managing alternative high-availability and virtualization software solutions.
The seventh-generation 2710, 4710 and 6410 models utilize the Intel Xeon E5v2 processors to further extend the performance and capacity capabilities of ftServer systems. The previous generation ftServer 2700, 4700 and 6400 systems support the full suite of Windows, Linux and VMware operating environments on a stable, proven high-performance platform.
6 Powerful Systems
2710 SYSTEM & 2700 SYSTEM
Highly affordable, entry-level, fault-tolerant server
|Remote and branch office locations||Stable, fixed standalone applications|
4710 SYSTEM & 4700 SYSTEM
Versatile fault-tolerant server with wide range of configuration
|Regional offices and corporate data centers||Rapidly growing or evolving applications|
6410 SYSTEM & 6400 SYSTEM
No-compromise enterprise fault-tolerant server
|Corporate or cloud data centers||Transaction-intensive database applications|
Purpose-built fault-tolerant hardware, Automated Uptime LayerSM software and proactive 24/7/365 monitoring services combine to provide an affordable solution, complete with the fault tolerance unmatched by conventional servers or low-end clusters.
The fault tolerance of the ftServer architecture eliminates single points of failure and addresses the hardware, software and serviceability issues that can lead to downtime and corruption or loss of critical data.
Lockstep processing: The system’s duplex hardware components process the same instructions at precisely the same time. If a component fails, its partner simply continues normal operations — without any downtime or data loss. Because replicated components perform the same instructions at the same time, there is zero interruption in processing, zero loss of performance and zero loss of data integrity.
What Fault-Tolerant Servers Can Do For Your Business
- Lockstep processing ensures that any errors, even transient errors, are detected and that the system can survive any CPU-memory unit error without interrupting processing and without losing any data or state
- Multi-path I/O ensures that any I/O operation failure will result in a retry using an alternate path that ensures successful completion of the I/O operation
- Lockstep architecture stores memory contents in two separate hardware components, protecting in-memory data from hardware failures
- Should a component fail the ftServer system’s hot-swappable Customer Replaceable Units (CRUs) are easily replaced without tools while the application continues to run
- Extensive use of status indicator LEDs and keyed components eliminate potential operator errors during service operations
Automated Uptime Layer
The Automated Uptime Layer for Stratus ftServer Systems will detect potential problems and prevent outages rather than recovering from them. Stratus’ unique software constantly monitors more than 500 system components and sensors to identify, handle and report faults — before they impact your system.
What the Automated Uptime Layer Does For Your Business
The Automated Uptime Layer provides a single system view that removes management complexity and reduces cost.
- Applications run without modification so no special programing or high-priced support staff is necessary, reducing system administration costs
- Works seamlessly with your existing applications and system management tools
- No need to synchronize state information between networked nodes and between the layers of complex multi-tiered applications
- Eliminates the need to purchase multiple OS and application licenses, external storage arrays and network switches
Comprehensive 24/7/365 monitoring and analysis detects, handles and reports issues automatically to Stratus service experts.
- Captures data for root-cause analysis, so you get fast, permanent solutions to issues
- Reduces “unknown” errors to less than 1%
- Eliminates guesswork, and trial and error approach to problems
Our intelligent uptime manager performs corrective actions like taking a failed component offline while your system keeps running.
- Manages faults automatically so your critical applications don’t miss a beat
- Automatically prevents hardware and software problems from causing downtime
- Ensures uptime for Microsoft® Windows Server® and Hyper-V® , VMware® vSphere™ and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® operating environments
- Automated features reduce risk of human error by eliminating the need to configure, build, test and maintain the high-availability system yourself (as you would with conventional technologies like clusters)
- If your server needs a replacement part, the uptime manager calls home and orders the correct component — 100% of the time
- The uptime manager also opens support calls over our secure global ActiveService™ Network
Our proactive 24/7/365 monitoring services focus on preventing downtime and data loss — an advantage that far outweighs the “break-fix” support offered by other vendors. Stratus support technicians monitor your system over our secure global ActiveService™ Network (ASN). Leveraging information provided by the Automated Uptime Layer, these experts are at the ready 24/7/365 to remotely diagnose and remediate more complex issues.
Your Business Benefits in Many Ways
- Single source of accountability for complex inter-related platform, system software and operating system support issues
- Secure online serviceability ensures access to on-demand service no matter where in the world your system is located
- Eliminates the hours of waiting for a repair technician to show up — hopefully with the right part — to get your business back online
- With comprehensive diagnostic data at their fingertips, Stratus service experts determine the precise cause of hardware, system software and operating system issues
- Root-cause analysis of reported problems identifies issues to the individual hardware component or software line of code, reducing unknown errors to less than 1%
- Stratus knowledgebase provides access to thousands of known problems and solutions based on more than 30 years of expertise in assuring continuous availability
- Global crisis management system gives you priority engineering response to a telephone or web service request in as little as 15 minutes
The Stratus® ftServer® 2710, 4710 and 6410 family of systems deliver affordable continuous availability and comprehensive data protection on a high-performance, industry-standard platform. Powered by multi-core Intel® Xeon® processors and Intel QuickPath Architecture, the ftServer systems feature Microsoft® Windows Server® operating environments. These industry-standard, fault-tolerant servers eliminate the operational complexity and high costs inherent in other solutions.See the Data Sheet
Open fault-tolerant storage platform for high performance applications.See the Data Sheet
Download the latest research from Aberdeen GroupSee the Data Sheet
This comparison paper reviews the differences between VMware vSphere HA or FT and Stratus ftServer systems. The paper compares each solution in terms of installation maintenance, and costs. Most important, it highlights the fundamental differences regarding downtime recovery versus downtime prevention.See the White Paper