When the IT system for Alunorf, the world’s largest aluminium rolling and casting plant, was discontinued a few years ago, the organization set out to and a replacement system. The management and control of both its pit and pusher furnaces were dependent upon it. After considering a cluster system, Alunorf eventually chose a system built on fault-tolerant servers from Stratus Technologies.
- Supports manufacturing operations of Alunorf, the world’s largest aluminium rolling and casting plant
- Ensures always-on availability of area control system to meet health and safety requirements in hot rolling mill
- Eliminates need for complex, costly clustering solutions
- Allows non-disruptive system maintenance and repair to ensure 24/7/365 operations, with zero downtime in six years
- Stratus ftServer for the management and control of critical pit and pusher furnaces