How IIoT can help reduce risk, as previously published in Food Quality & Safety by Jason Andersen. Knowing where to focus your IIoT efforts first and how it will pay off in the long run, manufacturers can make smart decisions when implementing the IIoT into existing processes. Read on to uncover the three main factors to consider.
The Industrial Internet of the Things (IIoT), Industrie 4.0 and “big data” analytics are all topics at the forefront of the industrial automation world. The biggest challenges faced by many organizations include:
- Understanding how Industrie 4.0 and IIoT can benefit your operations
- Defining a strategy for adopting new and existing technologies
- Keeping current operations and infrastructure running while implementing new Industrie 4.0 and IIoT applications
In this webinar, hosted by John Fryer, Senior Director of Industry Solutions for Stratus Technologies, you will gain insight on launching your Industrie 4.0 and IIoT strategy, including:
- The importance of modernizing your automation infrastructure
- Key considerations for successful Industrie 4.0 and IIoT deployments
- Best practices to ensure your automation infrastructure is Industrie 4.0 and IIoT ready
- How to deploy a flexible control infrastructure to easily adopt new and upgraded applications
- Benefits you can gain today and in the future
The webinar will also touch on key technologies and strategies that are essential to successful Industrie 4.0 and IIot deployments such as:
- Virtualization as the underpinning for a simplified and cost-effective Industrie 4.0 and IIoT control infrastructure
- Utilizing best practices for protecting virtual environments to simplify redundancy
- Preventing application degradation and failures that consume time and resources
- Understanding key success factors, including the speed of recovery, protection against data loss, integration with existing environments, ease of use and optimizing TCO.