91% of respondents agree that as edge computing grows, organizations will need a simplified edge infrastructure that can be remotely managed.
Given the hype around IIoT, ARC Advisory Group, the leading technology research and advisory firm for industry and infrastructure, asks if it is time to really focus on the Edge.
ARC asked a group of more than 300 industrial end users across the globe to gauge the current and future state of the market regarding edge computing. The results are broken down in the ARC Market Report: Is IIoT Living on the Edge in Industrial Environments?
The promise of edge computing in industrial environments means getting the right device data in near real-time to drive better decisions, and maybe even control industrial processes. For this to work, it means that the edge device, its embedded software, edge servers, the gateways and cloud infrastructure must all be up-and-running correctly all the time. This report answers the following questions and more:
- Who is operating this way already?
- What triggers upgrades in the plant?
- How long does it take to get a secure and reliable distributed control and analytics system?
- Which companies are leveraging the Edge for IIoT use cases today?
- How are companies planning investments and prioritizing requirements?
Click here to download the ARC Market Report and learn more about how the move to the edge will affect your organization.