Get 2014 results and be part of this year’s PSAP Survey
Since 2012, Stratus has created an annual PSAP survey featuring an array of questions on call volume, staffing, next-generation 9-1-1 plans, the use of virtualization technologies, system outages and more.
Last year’s results were really beneficial to the constituents as well as their colleagues, drawing in a total of 919 respondents. This year, we hope to have the same valuable set of results. So if you are employed at a PSAP in North America, we urge you to be part of this year’s PSAP Survey.
To give you a better understanding of the survey scope, below are some high level stats from last year’s survey.
(In the full report, there is an interesting table that cross-tabulates staffing by call volume.)
- Respondents equated to 48% Communication Center Manager, 15% Other, 14% IT Staff / Management, 12%Dispatcher, 11% Law Enforcement, Fire or EMS Official / Staff
- 45% of PSAPs host their data center and provide support
- 72% of PSAPs combine call intake and dispatch responsibilities
- 59% will implement next-generation 9-1-1 related upgrades in the next year – that’s up 12% over last year’s survey, which reported 47% implementing NG9-1-1
- County PSAPs were the most likely to implement NG9-1-1, with 69% reporting yes
- 72% of PSAPs have no Cloud plans
- 49% of PSAPs have no Virtualization plans
- 70% reported having at least 1 outage in the past 12 months
- 28% of PSAPs had a downtime event lasting over 1 hour
- 53% of those currently virtualized had over 15 minutes of downtime
Again, we ask for your help in making this year’s PSAP survey even more valuable!