Albian Sands Energy Inc. runs the oil sands mining operation at the Muskeg River Mine located 75 kilometers north of Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. In oil sands mining, a mix of oil and sand is removed from just below the surface using shovels and trucks. This material is mixed with warm water to separate the oil from the sand.
- Oil sands operation that produces 155,000 barrels per day, supplying 10 percent of Canada’s oil needs
- Critical solution for centrally managing maintenance and control of remote mining assets
- Always-on availability of Rockwell Software Maintenance Automation Control Center (RSMACC)
- Applications are installed, run, managed and accessed through a single virtual server, eliminating the need to license, install and manage multiple copies as required in clustering and failover situations
- Stratus® everRun® software