Learn how to choose a server for reliability, availability, and serviceability (RAS). This server buying guide brochure outlines key considerations for selecting the right hardware for your application solution and compares three options single system, clusters, and fault-tolerant servers.
- How important is it for your server and application to operate without interruptions?
- What consequences would an unplanned outage have?
- How critical is transaction integrity?
- Preventing data loss?
- If downtime occurs or there is a need for troubleshooting or repair, how much recovery time is acceptable until your environment is restored to normal operation?
- Do you need to administer and troubleshoot the system remotely?
- How much time can your experienced IT professionals spend administering and maintaining the system?
- How fast do you expect the system’s workload to grow? How soon will you need to upgrade?
These factors will largely determine whether a server will offer your organization its best return on investment (ROI).