Stratus Uptime Appliance For VMware vCenter Server
When you manage a large enterprise with VMware® vCenter® Server, downtime can be disastrous. This single point of failure can put everything at risk: from site recovery to operations, from business management to chargeback processes.
The Stratus Uptime Appliance for vCenter Server is a single-system solution designed from the ground up to prevent downtime via resilient hardware and software, combined with proactive 24/7 remote monitoring. Built on the company’s fault-tolerant, Intel® processor-based ftServer architecture, the Stratus solution offers users plug-and-play simplicity at significantly lower costs than a similarly configured VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat solution.
- 99.999+% uptime: less than 6 minutes of downtime annually, on average
- Automatically prevents failures instead of simply recovering from them
- Offers plug-and-play simplicity: operates like a standard Windows server
- Costs significantly less than similarly configured heartbeat solutions
Cut the risk of downtime for vCenter Server to zero
Superior Uptime Assurance
- Stratus’ resilient hardware and Automated Uptime™ Layer eliminate the single point of failure risk in vCenter Server deployments
- Failure prevention instead of recovery: Proactive monitoring detects, isolates, and resolves faults before they cause downtime
- Uninterrupted 24/7 management control: Configure and manage advanced virtualization modules such as vMotion®, Storage vMotion, vSphere HA, vCenter SRM, databases and license servers without the risk of downtime
- Priced substantially less than a comparable vCenter Server Heartbeat solution
- Centralized management lowers operating costs: configure, monitor, and rapidly provision VMs through a single interface
Ease Of Use
- Single-system view facilitates deployment and simplifies ongoing management
- Eliminates performance and configuration challenges of replicating information in real time to a backup node over a network
Running vCenter from the Stratus Virtualization Appliance is simpler, easier to install, and significantly more cost-effective.
You don't need
Interfaces to Learn
Impact of vCenter Server downtime on managing vSphere components
If your vCenter Server goes down, you lose your ability to manage your environment. Here's how:
||VM management requires direct host connection; can’t use templates to provision VMs
Require direct host connection for management
|vMotion / Storage vMotion
Live migration is disabled
Unable to modify configuration parameters
||Plug-ins are disabled
|Performance / monitoring statistics
||Outages creates gaps in history reporting
||HA failover is operational, unable to modify
||New desktop instances cannot be provisioned
|VMware vCloud™ Director
||VM resource allocation / provisioning are disabled
With the Stratus Virtualization Appliance for VMware vCenter Server, your entire environment remains accessible and manageable.
Contact sales at
IS YOUR vCENTER PROTECTED?
Read the full details on the Stratus Uptime Appliance for VMware vCenter Server (PDF).
“With so many features in VMware vSphere 5 relying on vCenter Server, its availability is more critical than ever.”
Senior News Writer
January 18, 2012